One needs to complete the Application for Student Visa. The Application form is available at the New Zealand High Commission website and with your education consultants also. Along with this Application Form, you will need to include:
- Completed Application Form and Supplementary Information Form duly filled.
- 2 recent passport sized photographs (must be less than 6 months old) should be affixed to the Visa application form.
- Visa Application Fee.
- TT Services fee.
- Original Passport.
- Offer of place.
- Covering Letter.
- Statement of Purpose (Hand Written).
- Financial Documents like Education Loan Sanction Letter/ Bank Balance Certificate, etc.
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsorer.
- Income Tax Returns for last 3 years of sponsorer.
- Income Tax Returns of parents, if parents are not the sponsorer.
- Proof of Business like VAT registration Certificate of Parents’ business.
- Academic Documents.
- Evidence of English language ability-IELTS Score Card.
- Employment documents/ Work experience certificate, if applicable.
- Police Clearance Certificate (Original).
- Full Medical Certificates and TB Screening Report from approved panel Doctor. (for list of panel doctors please check
- Any other documents to help correct Visa Assessment on case to case basis.
Students will only be issued with a student Visa if they have enrolled in an approved course at an institution or establishment, which is accredited to offer it.
If you intend to study for the course duration of less than or equal to one academic year, you will need:
- Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for the entire course duration + NZ$ 15,000 towards living expenses in New Zealand.
If you intend to study in New Zealand for the course duration longer than one academic year:
- Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for 1 academic year + NZ$ 15,000 per annum towards living expenses in New Zealand + payment plan to show that you have access to funds and have ability to meet the rest of the course cost and living expenses in New Zealand.
*Please note that land documents and/or property valuation will not be accepted as payment plan.
Acceptable Evidence of Funds:
- Education Loan Sanction Letter from a nationalized or multi national bank only.
- Latest Saving Bank account statements for the past 6 months. It should not be more than 1 week old at the time of lodgement of application.
- Fixed Deposits.
- PPF/ PF/ GPF Withdrawal amount.
- Post Office Accounts.
- National Saving Certificates, KVP, MIS.
What is Funds Transfer Scheme?
In this FTS the actual funds for living expense have to be transferred only after Visa Approval in Principle. The details are as given below:
- FTS is an option given to the students who are genuine and don’t have funds from last 6 months in the bank account of the parents/sponsorer.
- The student will need to transfer at least 12 months’ living expenses (NZD 15000) to a bank account in NZ, ANZ Bank, in addition to paying the tuition fee for 1 year.
- The amount deposited in the bank is locked for a period of 12 months and then drip fed to the student on a prearranged basis after the AIP (Approval in Principal) is received.
- The Student will get NZ $ 1250 per month for their Living expenses in New Zealand.