Indian students who wish to go to the USA for study must first obtain a student Visa. Virtually all non-immigrant Visa applicants are required to present sufficient documentation to demonstrate their economic and social ties in their country of origin. It is important to note that the burden of proof is on the Visa applicant. It is your responsibility to prove that you can pay for the stay and that you have social and economic ties to India that are strong enough to bring you back promptly.
Visa Application fees:
Non-Immigrant Visa Application Fee US $160 in Indian Rupee equivalent at consular rate of exchange. Rupee amount at current rate of exchange (Rs. 57/-) is Rs. 9120/-. The visa fees is non- refundable and non transferable.
Prior to confirming a visa interview appointment online, you need to pay the visa application fee which can be paid by one of the following modes.
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
- Mobile Payments IMPS.
- Cash Over the Counter (AXIS Bank and Citibank)
Also, create a profile at www.ustraveldocs.com. Complete the DS- 160 Visa application form at www.ceac.state.gov. Form must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview. The barcode number on the form DS- 160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview.
Proceed to schedule two appointments.
First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate. Second, schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment. (OFC) appointment must be scheduled at least one day before the interview appointment date at the Embassy or Consulate.
List of Documents required in original for Student Visa
- Passport should be valid for at least six months.
- Visa fee receipt, DS-160 confirmation page and interview appointment letter.
- Form I-20 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
- Relevant test scores, e.g. GRE & TOEFL or SAT / GMAT (As the case may be).
- Original printout of receipt of SEVIS fee paid of $ 200 (Non refundable).
- Original degree certificates along with mark sheets of previous institutions attended. (10th, 12th & Bachelors).
- Experience Certificates from previous and current employer if any.
- Evidence of financial resources: proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for the entire first year of education and living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies.
An F-1 applicant must have evidence of sufficient and readily available funds to meet all expenses for the first year of study, and that barring unforeseen circumstances adequate funds will be available for each subsequent year of study.
You must have completed a course of study required for enrollment at the level of study contemplated, and present transcripts of at least two years of academic work completed. External examinations like TOEFL, GRE, SAT and GMAT help to establish your seriousness as a student. In addition, you must demonstrate during the Visa interview that you have sufficient English language capability for your intended course of study in the USA.
About Visa Stamping:
Decision about one's case can be known after an interview. If you are issued a visa, your passport will be returned to you by the Blue Dart courier service. then you can go for any Undergraduate or Postgraduate Education in USA.