|Why Hungary? | Glance | Success stories | Institutions we Represent | Map | Location Search | Time/Clock
Study in Hungary:
- Hungary is a landlocked country in Central Europe bordered by Slovakia to the North, Romania to the East, Serbia to the South, Croatia to the Southwest, Slovenia to the West, Austria to the Northwest, and Ukraine to the Northeast.
- The capital and largest city of the country is Budapest.
- Hungary is a member of the European Union, NATO, the OECD, the Visegrád Group, and the Schengen Area. The official language is Hungarian, which is one of the most widely spoken language in Europe.
- Hungary is a democratic and developed country with an advanced high-income economy, a high quality of life and a very high standard of living.
- Hungary's main industries are mining, metallurgy, construction materials, processed foods, textiles, chemicals (especially pharmaceuticals) and motor vehicles. Hungary's main agricultural products are wheat, corn, sunflower seed, potatoes, sugar beets, pigs, cattle, poultry, and dairy products.
- The Hungarian higher education is a dual system, divided into colleges (that usually provide Bachelor's degrees) and universities (that usually provide Master's degrees).
- Hungary's higher education and training has been ranked 44 out of 148 countries in the Global competitiveness Report 2013/2014.
Study Abroad Options