Unsure about why you should study abroad? Over the years, an increasing number of Indian students have chosen to study abroad. Some of the key justifications for studying abroad and receiving an international degree include receiving a top-notch education, having better facilities, and concentrating on research. A wide range of courses and specialised degree programs that are not readily accessible at home are offered by overseas universities. After earning a degree from a prestigious international university, the career options and compensation are unsurpassed.
Every student's desire is to study abroad in Europe, and among the top international locations for Indian students is Germany. Germany is a student's dream destination because it is home to some of the most respected and renowned universities in the world. In Germany, you can find excellent education, inclusive environment, an economical way of life, delicious food, awe-inspiring scenery, and incredible nightlife. A top-ranked institution in Germany provides a global MBA program that you may enrol in if you want to experience the best that education has to offer.
Following are some of the benefits for international students to study in Germany:
Why Study in Germany?
- High Quality of Education- Even though the cost of education is low in comparison to other European countries, the quality of education is very good. Germany has many worldwide recognized universities and courses, which provide you with a great career advantage.
- Great Career Prospects- Besides good education, there are also plenty of work opportunities for international students. Be it pursuing a part-time position to pay off your college fee or getting a full-time job after graduating, it is quite easy to apply for and get a job in Germany. As a student, you can work both inside or outside the campus for 120 full working days and 240 half working days in a year.
- Low Education Cost- In 15 states of Germany the majority of higher education institutes are financed by the state. You will have to pay the tuition fee if you wish to pursue certain continuing master’s programs or study in a private university, even than the fees is not as high as compared to other European countries.
- Scholarships and Fundings- As an international student you can get access to various fully and partly funded scholarships through organizations like DAAD, Party-related Foundations, and Business Affiliated Organizations.
- Stay Back Option- After graduating from a university in Germany you will also get the opportunity to stay in the country and pursue a career as an 18-month post-study work visa is offered to international students.
- Free Sports Programs- Besides free education in Germany you will also get easy access to sports programs as most sports programs in German universities are also free for international students.
Intakes and Deadlines
Now, if you have made up your mind to get an education in Germany this year, then you might want to know what the deadlines are and when you can apply to study there. Following are the complete details regarding the same:
There are two intakes in a year, summer and winter.
- Summer Intakes- Summer intakes for the year are held during the months of March and April the application deadline for which is from the 15th of August to the 15th of January. You can apply for next year’s summer intakes from 15th August 2023.
- Winter Intakes- The winter intakes for the year are held during the months of September and October the application deadline for which is from 15th December to 31st March. You can apply for next year’s winter intakes from 15th December 2023.
- You must score a minimum of 60% in your academics and have a minimum IELTS band of 6 or a minimum TOEFL score of 87 to get into a good university.
- Knowing basic German language will also give you an advantage to get into the best universities however it is not a criterion for most universities.
- For master’s courses like Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Engineering a GRE score of 310+ as well as 75% above in your bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Duration and Tuition Fees
Generally, a master’s program is of 1-2 years and a bachelor’s program is of 3 years. There is no tuition fee for most public universities however, some universities may charge a nominal amount of 200-500 Euros per semester. Living and accommodation charges are excluded from tuition fees.
Documents required for applying to universities
You need the following documents to get admission in a German university:
- For bachelors an academic percentage of 60-65 in 10th and 12th standard and for masters minimum 60% in bachelors is required.
- Overall IELTS score should be of 6.5 with no band less than 6.
- Yearly tuition fee of 9000 to 15000 Euros approximately.
If any additional documents for your program are required from your university, then your global education consultants will let you know about it.
Besides these admission documents the general documents you will need for either of the programs:
- Passport copy
- Letter of Recommendation
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Statement of Purpose
These are all the basic details you must be aware of if you wish to pursue higher education in Germany. To assist you through the entire process and take the burden off your shoulder you can contact KC Overseas which is one of the top 10 overseas education consultants in India.
KC’s Europe experts are well versed with the entire admission process of German universities and can help you get into the top universities in the country, so, we can get you into the best universities as per your preference and ensure a smooth admission process.