Study Destinations
Services
Upcoming Events
Company

France Crosses a Record Number of 412,000 International Students in 2022-23

Apr 16, 2024

Share :

Exciting and staggering news for all the global aspirants! France has emerged as a leading study destination for international students, with the latest statistics revealing a remarkable milestone. 

In the academic year 2022-23, over 412,000 international students chose France for higher education, constituting 14% of the country's total student population. This figure marks a notable 3% increase from the previous year and a substantial 17% surge over the past five years. Maintaining its position as the sixth most popular host country for international students globally, France continues to be a beacon of academic excellence and cultural diversity. The achievement of surpassing the 412,000 mark underscores the resilience of  higher education sector in France, particularly in the face of challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

With ambitious targets outlined in the national strategy 'Bienvenue en France', authorities aim to welcome 500,000 international students by 2027, further solidifying the reputation of France as an educational powerhouse. The major rise in student enrollment reflects the country's charm across diverse demographics.

Sub-Saharan Africa emerges as a key source of students, comprising 24% of international student body in France, followed closely by North Africa at 23%. While the combined number of students from Asia and Oceania remains high at over 51,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year, a rise in Indian students has balanced out a 15% decline in mobile Chinese students over the past five years.

Morocco reigns supreme as the top sender country, contributing over 45,000 students to French universities in 2022 - 23, followed by Algeria with over 32,000. Interestingly, there's a noteworthy influx of students from increasingly diverse regions including Italy, Spain, Lebanon, Congo, and India. One of the compelling factors driving international students to study in France is the unparalleled quality-price ratio offered by its institutions. With affordable tuition fees and an emphasis on employability, France stands out as an attractive option compared to other popular study destinations like the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia.

Furthermore, the commitment of France in fostering an ecosystem conducive to entrepreneurship adds another dimension to its attractiveness. The emphasis on practical experience through apprenticeships and internship programs enhances students' readiness for the job market, strengthening their employability upon graduation. 

Despite the challenges posed by language barriers, initiatives such as international classes aim to facilitate the integration of non-French-speaking students into the higher education system. This inclusivity aligns with President Emmanuel Macron's vision to strengthen Franco-Indian ties, with a target to welcome 30,000 Indian students by 2030.

In light of these developments, France remains a melting pot of cultures, offering a dynamic educational experience for students worldwide. As the pursuit of international education gains momentum, if you're an aspiring student looking to explore the exciting opportunities France has to offer, we at KC Overseas Education can guide you through the entire process. Our seasoned team of experts can provide personalized guidance, help you navigate the application process, and ensure a seamless transition to your dream French university.

Contact us today to start your journey towards a rewarding and enriching education in France. Good luck! 

Need guidance? Let us help you.

Contact Us

Related News

No Related News